Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's my birthday!

Today is my birthday and I am having a lovely day! I couldn't wait to start my special day so woke up extra early for breakfast so I could have a coffee before my walk with Nicky. It looked a bit overcast so we wore our raincoats as we set off around the oval and it did in fact rain a little. Fortunately it soon cleared up.
My morning was all planned. Nicky and I headed up to Innaloo for some retail therapy at my favourite shop. They had a whole new range of clothes in stock so it was a case of what can I afford rather than what would I like. I spent far too much, of course, but am very pleased with my purchases for the new winter season.
Nicky treated me to coffee at Miss Maud's and we shared a scone with jam and cream. Then it was off to king's Park for lunch at the lovely Zamia Cafe. Nicky had one of my favourites, the blue cheese tart, and I had salmon. We shared a lemon-lime tart for dessert. It was a lovely meal in a great venue with excellent company.
As a token bit of exercise we walked around the lake and looked at all the kiddie play equipment. Nicky remembered when it was a hazardous climb across logs to get to the island in the middle of the lake. Only the really adventurous children could get there, as the timid ones were frightened of falling in the water. Today there is a safe bridge that even toddlers can cross. I suppose the park doesn't want to be sued by parents whose kids fall into the lake. A sign of the times! It was more exciting for kids back in Nicky's era.
Tonight I'm going to the Thai restaurant on Scarborough Beach for dinner with the rest of the family. I'm not going to want to eat tomorrow. Actually the diet starts tomorrow - doesn't it always?

No comments:

Post a Comment